Little Munchkin Learns #1: Colors In Cups

     Since the last school year ended, I realized that time is really coming in very fast. My little munchkin will be turning 3 on September and not long after that, Edmund and I will be obliged to *cough cough* enroll her already in school. There’s no doubt that Steffy is a smart kid. Her memory is so sharp she can recall a tune from any commercial even if she only heard it once (not to mention memorizing the script and acting it out with feelings). No problem also with her social skills. She can win the Ms. Congeniality award with a unanimous decision. But the big question is, how prepared is she for school? 


     I’ve been contemplating on the question from quite some time now. Counting from 1-20, check! Knowing the basic shapes, check! Knows her nursery rhymes, check! Roughly knows a range of animals from every species, check! Her vocabulary is, in my opinion, a bit advanced for her age. However, there are areas that I’m a bit worried about. I’ll be sharing my first area of concern today which is her color recognition. I’ve noticed that she has difficulty in identifying colors. It even got to a point that I got paranoid that she might be color blind but I learned that color blindness only manifest on males. Thank goodness!


     So I hit the web and researched for activities that we can do to help her learn the colors while still having fun. I came across this article:  Games That Teach Toddlers Colors and decided to do the (supposed to be) finger painting.



     But again, her being “maarte” kicked in. She doesn’t want to dip her fingers into the paint so I was forced to find a brush for her.

so serious...
the master artist

     She was able to produce 3 artworks. Hooray! The activity was a success! She can now recognize the colors orange and pink. It’s weird that she’s having a hard time with red and yellow though. But still, that’s progress so we’ll do a lot of painting for the next couple of days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Artist Reborn

THE PROUD MOMMY MUNCHKIN POST #1