The Artist Reborn
Must be the gloomy monsoon rains (or the recent
breakup) that refuelled the artist in me. With this kind of extended vacation, there is
not much I can do. Well, cuddling with the little munchkin is a given, of
course. So instead of sulking, I decided to do the “drawing therapy” to channel
all the pent up emotions. Surprisingly, it works wonders.
I prefer drawing portraits or caricatures and
for the longest time, I had been creating most of my artworks using pencil
(regular or charcoal). And oh boy, how they lacked vibrancy! Thus, I tried oil
pastels because I find blending colors fun but it turned out too sticky and messy for my liking.
Colored markers did not work either coz it came short to the blending part. The
same is true with colored pencils. So for an amateur like me who is used to pencils,
what possibly could satisfy my hunger for more vivid artworks?
Alas, epiphany! I remembered that Faber Castell
has this watercolor pencil product line! I watched some Youtube videos (Faber Castell Watercolor Pencil Tutorial, Faber Castell Watercolor Pencil with Wax Crayons Tutorial), and I
can say that it’s the perfect one for me! It is a pencil yet with the magic of
water and brush, I can blend colors! Yes it is on the expensive side but who
minds to spend extra if I can add color to my works? It will definitely make
them alive!
I’m really getting excited on this! I have
always envied the artists in those stalls in the malls that create portraits
and caricatures but now, with a few practices here and there, who knows?? Maybe
I will not be limited to drawing people but I can venture on doing landscape and
animal drawings as well. Talk about self-innovation. This is a confidence
booster. I just realized that It’s not too late after all!

Cool Olet! Keep this up! -Evan here
ReplyDeleteThanks Evan for appreciating my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a big supporter of any artistic venture kaya go Te Olet, push mo 'to! :)
ReplyDelete- Ayn
Wow Ayn, I'm tatst (touched)... Hahahaha! Thanks. Iimbitahan kita pag may mini gallery na ako sa bahay. Hehehehe. :D
ReplyDelete