SY 2013-2014, The Beginning
I know it’s kinda late for this post but
nonetheless, it’s better late than never, right? *wink*
S.Y. 2013-2014 has
begun. Again, the corridors of our school came to life, teeming with
energy-filled students and “supportive” nannies, guardians and parents.
It’s my second year at
Multiple Intelligence International School and I’ve been (genuinely) enjoying
my stay so far. As a Reading Clinician, my load is not that heavy compared to
classroom teachers. I get to teach 5 students max per day, 1 hour each. You may
think my job is easy peasy but it’s the other way around. Our department is
under the Learning Support umbrella thus, the improvement in class performance of
those enrolled in our program lies in our hands. We have to tailor-fit our activities
and goals depending on each student’s needs. We work on the student’s pace,
not ours. And yes (oh yes) there are a lot of times that clinicians also get
frustrated. But it is part of our job to be patient (no matter how hard it can
get) until our students understood the concepts of phonemics and concept
imagery.
In the light of this
year’s goal of striving for excellence in everything that we do, I laid out plans
of my own to better improve my clinician skills. I will use more available materials
and will explore different entry points that can further help my students in
their development. I will also read more books about teaching techniques and handling
different kinds of students. And lastly, my new mantra will be “Bawal ang nega!”
I think there’s no need to explain the last one. Hehehe.
Praying for a more
productive and fun-filled academic year.. And like I always say (err, write),
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!
Comments
Post a Comment